QATAR 2022
Related News
FIFA World Cup 2022 qualifying game Guinea vs. Morocco postponed after coup

AFP

CONAKRY, September 6, 2021 - A World Cup qualifying game in Guinea was postponed as an apparent coup status unfolded in the West African nation on Sunday, and the visiting Moroccan team reportedly left the country safely after being confined to its hotel as gunshots rang out nearby.
Guinea was due to host Morocco in a Group I game on Monday in the capital, Conakry.
The Guinean President Alpha Conde was detained by mutinous soldiers the day before the game and hours after heavy gunfire was heard near the presidential palace in Conakry. Soldiers then announced on state television that the government had been dissolved.
“The political and security situation in Guinea is quite volatile,” the Confederation of African Football said in a statement announcing the qualifier game had been postponed “to ensure safety” of players and match officials. CAF and FIFA were closely monitoring the situation, CAF said according to an official statement:
News from the same category
Video gallery
Let's Talk to the IOC Presidential Candidates
Let's Talk to IOC Presidential Candidate Lord Sebastian Coe